Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Filename: BLANKMAN.TXT



<<transcript intercepted @ 20:45 on 12/18/12>>

<<process_DCRYPT active in memory.>>


"This is the last one for tonight. - E"

<<opening attachment: BLANKMAN.TXT>>

The Blank Man

A child grew lost within the woods
As fog swirled thick and deep,
And so she fell unto her knees
And softly began to weep.

But as the tears flowed from her eyes
And quenched the forest floor,
She noticed a man, a strange Blank Man
Who was not there before.

His frame was like a tall, thin birch,
His suit was black with dread.
His sightless gaze turned to the girl,
And this is what he said:

“Poor child, you are very lost;
Your home you cannot see,
The daylight left is fading fast –
Perhaps you should come with me?”

The child found herself comforted by
The Blank Man’s sure persistence,
And saw no reason to ignore
His calming, soft insistence,

But still, she did not trust the Man,
And was too scared to try,
So she stood and wiped away her tears,
And this was her reply:

“O Blank Man of the forest, I
Cannot just go with you –
I could become still more lost yet,
And then what shall I do?”

“I would be there,” the Blank Man said,
Now standing twice as tall,
“I know the forest very well.
You shan’t be lost at all.

Now come, dear child, the hour’s late
As you can clearly see –
You mustn’t run away from fate.
It’s time to come with me.”

“But Blank Man,” said the child, “I
Cannot be out at night!
My parents shall be worried sick
And surely die of fright!

I couldn’t bear to go with you
And leave them both alone –
I’m sure they must be missing me;
I simply must get home!”

“But they will understand, my child,”
The Blank Man spoke to her,
“And I would have you home by then,
Of that you can be sure.

Now come along, child, the hour’s late
As you can plainly see –
You mustn’t run away from fate.
It’s time to come with me.”

“But Blank Man, I’m afraid of the dark
And all that lurks inside
The shadows of the forest deep!”
The child, now frightened, cried.

“There’s monsters out there in the dark
That crave my flesh and bone!
I’m too afraid to go with you –
Please, just take me back home!”

“The monsters of the forest, child,
Are far too scared of me.
I’ve too many arms,” the Blank Man said
To her, reassuringly.

“Besides, my child, it’s far too late
As you can surely see –
You cannot run, this is your fate.
It’s time to come with me.”

And the frightened child ran away
Into the forest so deep,
Now seeing the Blank Man for what he was
And praying her soul she’d keep,

But the child could neither run, nor hide,
Nor escape the dark pursuit
Of the Blank Man of the forest, dressed
In very blackest suit,

So, choiceless, she took his hand, and then
Vanished, and was never seen again.

<<end transcript.>>

No comments:

Post a Comment