Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Filename: BUSINESSMEETING.TXT



<<transcript intercepted @ 19:11 on 12/18/12>>

<<process_DCRYPT active in memory.>>

"This presumably humorous tale was written by a self-proclaimed servant of HIS who confided in me their attempts to break from HIS control, apparently as a way to distract themselves from their fear of HIM. It is apparently "Based on a true story", as they put it. I'm understandably wary of sending it to you, but then again... I am also wary of what may happen if I do not. I'm not exactly in much of a position to... negotiate, at the moment. Why is not important, just know that sending you this particular bit of information is quite an enormous risk for myself... and by extension, the Sycamore Foundation. Stay vigilant. - E"

<<opening attachment: BUSINESSMEETING.TXT>> 

Hello…? Sir…? Y-you… you called me in tonight, right?

… H-hello? I-I can leave… you know, if you’re too busy… I-I mean, if you aren’t here and don’t have the time to –

Oh! There you are, you spooked me, Sir… Y-you always were good at that you know, t-the best there is, n-no one better, a-and…

Ah! O-Okay, I-I can s-see this is a… very personal issue… why else would you stand so close to me? Oh no, Sir, I-I’m fine, j-just a little nauseous… and nervous…

Why yes, Sir, it is a very nice night out, isn’t it? Alone… I-In your office, surrounded by… n-nothing but the trees… Wow, aheh, y-you look great tonight, Sir. Is that a new tie?

… Y-yes, of course, Sir, you always look nice, every night….

Y-yes Sir, I-I’m well aware that you can smell my fear…

… N-no, I’m not aware of why you called me in here tonight… I-Is something wrong? D-did I do something wrong?

W-what? Oh no. No no no. Please Sir, no…

I… Y-you can’t fire me! I don’t have anywhere else to go, I –

Losing my touch?! What do you mean, I’m losing my touch? I ran rings around that last client, he went stir-crazy trying to crack the code I thought up! Every single time I show my masked face, he cringes and panics. He has nightmares about me showing up, because if I show up, that means you’re about to show up! I’m one of your best agents and you’re just going to let me go?

N-no Sir, it’s… it’s not that! I-I do understand the need to downsize, really! N-no need to get so up in arms… a-and with so many arms…

… Y-yes, I know the clients keep getting away. I know they’re uncovering so much evidence that it’s becoming a liability. These ones are smarter than I anticipated, Sir…

What? You’re sending him after them now? But Sir, Allen – sorry, I mean “Blackout”… Blackout is a terrible agent. He knows absolutely nothing about subtlety or stealth whatsoever. He can’t even crack Morse Code!

Ah! No! I’m sorry! That came out a lot harsher than I intended, I swear! J-just put me down Sir, please, you know I’m scared of heights! You know everything about me! You know – oh God no is that a damn cliff?!

No no no please Sir don’t drop me I take it back really I’m sorry I swear just please don’t drop me off the cliff please Sir please!

W-w-what do you mean, t-this isn’t about what I s-said about B-Blackout…?

… I-I’m… sorry, retirement, Sir? It’s hard to read your face when there isn’t one to read… What does a-any of this have to do with… letting me… go…

Oh, God.

Oh God, no.

No Sir. Please no. Don’t let me go. I don’t want to die, not yet, I-I could still work for you, I could do odd jobs, I could bring you more children, anything you want, just please. Please. Don’t. Let. Me. Go.

N-no, what are you doing?! Don’t let go. Don’t drop me! Please don’t –

----

"The cutting off at the end is purposeful, according to the author. Certainly a very... odd writing style. - E"

<<end transcript.>>

No comments:

Post a Comment