Saturday, December 14, 2013

Filename: STALKER.TXT



 <<transcript intercepted @ 21:01 on 12/14/12>>

<<process_DCRYPT active in memory.>>

[The entire transcript of E's (Presumably standing for "Enigma") normal commentary was garbled plaintext. Despite my best efforts, it would not decode to anything meaningful, nor did it seem to be encrypted with any sort of cipher. All I really got out of it was that this file's name is apparently "STALKER.TXT". Either E really didn't want someone to read this particular note, or his message was corrupted. - Willow]

<<opening attachment: STALKER.TXT>> 


The Stalker
I am the shadows.
I am close, yet still so far,
Far away enough
That you will never see.
Not until I wish it.

I am the forest.
I act as its tall trees do,
Cloaking myself with branching arms,
So perfect a disguise.
That you will never notice.
Not until I let you.

I am watching.
I see you without any eyes,
And note your wary motions,
Hearing your frightened footfalls on
The twigs and leaves below.
Are you lost, you poor thing?

I am fear.
I am that subtle nervousness,
The paranoia in your chest,
That creeping-crawling feeling
That spiders down your vertebrae.
You aren’t alone tonight.

I am dread.
I am persistent and relentless,
A dark and heavy presence
That cannot be escaped.
You run, but cannot hide.
You never can from me.

I am terror.
I alone can hear your screaming
I alone watch as you quiver,
As you beg your gods for safety
That never comes to you.
Turn around, lost child.

I am behind you…

<<end transcript.>>

No comments:

Post a Comment